About Reggio Emilia
The Reggio Emilia is not a ‘method’ but an ‘approach’.
It is an innovative and inspiring approach to early childhood education which values the child as a strong, capable and resilient; rich with wonder and knowledge.
Each child brings with them deep curiosity and potential and this innate curiosity drives their interest to understand their world and their place within it.
Reggio Emilia has 7 fundamental principles:
- Children are capable of constructing their own learning
- Children form an understanding of themselves and their place in the world through their interactions with others
- Children are communicators
- The environment is the third teacher
- The adult is a mentor and guide
- Emphasis on documenting children’s thoughts
- The 100 languages of children.